tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: Newbie - JDBC problem "Name is not bound in this context"
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:51:05 GMT
On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 09:29:51AM -0400, ohaya wrote:
: > BUT .. in my Tomcat 5.0.27 ..  I only see three <webappname>.xml files in above
: > location ..
: >
: > admin.xml
: > balancer.xml
: > manager.xml
: >
: > no other <webappname>.xml files (context.xml files) show up such as

If there is no context.xml, as with the examples, then Tomcat won't
create (copy) the file to {tomcat}/conf/{...}.

Take note: if you are using a WAR file and make changes to the internal
context.xml file, delete the one under {tomcat}/conf/{...} before you
bounce the process.  At least for now, Tomcat doesn't check a whether a
WAR file's context.xml is newer than its copy under the conf dir.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com