tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bg...@nic-nac-project.de
Subject Re: classloader hangs
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:19:03 GMT

> >loadClass method, and it is not reporting anything, and to the best of
> >my knowledge, an error should terminate the JVM right?
>
> No, it shouldn't.  You can catch errors also by catching Throwable
> instead of Exception.

Thanks very much for this bit of advice, as it turns out it was throwing
a ClassDefNotFoundError.  However, now that I am catching this error, I
am still bewildered.  When I am trying to load class A, the message in
the ClassDefNotFoundError is simply "B" which is the class that A
extends (which is present in the directory containing the loading code).
If Tomcat's webapp loader loaded the loading code, why isn't it loading
class B as well?

Ben