tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thai DANG <t...@goochi.net>
Subject Jspc and Taglibs
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 21:52:46 GMT
I made several measure, had a look to the generate code by Jspc.

It is clear that Taglibs reduce the performance (memory, speed) of your server.
Speed because the first time access is longer and memory because a pool system is there to
make the next pages being displayed quicker.

So, as a developper, I'm wondering if the Tomcat gurus are aware of all of that and if they
are taken some actions.
For example, I think that it is a (good or bad ?) idea to try to transform the taglibs instructions
into scriptlets (like preprocessing in C) and then compile the JSP pages.

I am using JSTL recently and I am happy because my JSP are now scriptlet-less BUT the performance
are hit.
I tried a few days to make a preloading system to fill the different pool, but it not seems
possible. Anyway, I'll keep
JSTL because it is a good choice for maintaining easier your JSP.

I think there are a few steps to make all that very powerfull. What do you think ?