tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bg...@nic-nac-project.de
Subject classloader hangs
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:16:50 GMT
Hello,
I am writing a class to be deployed with the Tomcat SOAP web app (I'll
call this class A).  It uses a URLClassloader to load classes from a
directory (i call them modules).  I initialize my class loader with

URLClassLoader initialLoader = new URLClassLoader(urls,
           Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader());

	   This worked fine for a while.  However, when I decided that
	   my class A needed to have a package statement (I wanted to
	   put it in a jar file along with some libraries for easy
	   distribution), I was very much dismayed when the class
	   the usual NoClassDefFound exception, instead the entire
	   program just seems to hang upon trying to load one of the
	   modules.  I am very dismayed as what was once working code is
	   now almost useless.  Chances are, I'm just making a stupid
	   mistake, however if anyone could please help me I would be
	   grateful.

	   Thanks,
	   Ben

	   P.S. This works fine when I don't run it under Tomcat, that
	   was my reason for posting it here.