tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: database information
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 13:20:32 GMT
On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 11:54:58AM -0400, Jignesh Patel wrote:
: I want to inform my tomcat server that the database server is shutting
: down or restarting.
:

Please define the term "inform": I'm sure your app will notice the
database is down, when it tries to fetch data and gets a "connection
refused" message. ;)

: Can JDBC Realm will do the job?

I'm not sure what a Realm has to do with database access, except that
this particular Realm impl uses one as its backend.

What, specifically, is your goal here?

Perhaps you're trying to send some app-level ping to the database to
ensure it's up before you attempt to fetch data?

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com