tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thai DANG <t...@goochi.net>
Subject JSTL and preloading pool
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 19:26:07 GMT

Hi all

I am using JSTL with precompilation (JSPC).

I am wondering why the first time I go on a page with JSTL inside, it took longer to display.
But when I go on it a second time, it displays as quick as with scriptlet.

So I had a look to the code generated by JSPC and I noticed that there is a pool system with
reused objects : org.apache.jasper.runtime.TagHandlerPool

So my question is : is there a way to preload all that things ?
I tried to do :

            Class cl = Class.forName("dang.www.websnmp.admin.hostgen_jsp");
            Object obj = cl.newInstance();
            Method m = cl.getMethod("_jspInit", null);
            m.invoke(obj, null);

But no amelioration...

Thanks.