tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mazur <ma...@raincode.net>
Subject RE: Deploying webapp getting error no !/ in spec
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:55:32 GMT
Thanks for the response, Yoav.

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me if I used the path attribute incorrectly,
 as I tried that method only as a last resort.  For years now I have
just dropped the .war file into the webapps directory and restarted.
And, that method is still failing for this webapp....it does not
expand the .war file into a directory upon starting Tomcat

I will re-investigate the path attribute, but in the meantime, any
other ideas about what "no !/ in spec" may mean?

Thanks,
Rob
** ORIGINAL MESSAGE FROM:Shapira Yoav <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>**
** ORIGINAL MESSAGE SENT:Wed Aug 11 12:37:56 **
** ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW **
re: Hi
You might want to re-read the Supported Manager Commands section of
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Dep
lo
y%20A%20New%20Application%20Remotely.  Specifically youre using the
path attribute wrong.  I think you want the war parameter in addition
the path (which is simply the context path not the disk path to the
WAR
file).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

installation so
>it is something specific to the webapp I guess
>
>3)  I can successfully deploy the same actual myapp.war file on a
WinXP
box
>running Tomcat5.0.19
>
>4)  I get this error if I deploy using:
>http://localhost:8080/manager/deploy?path=/usr/local/tomcat-
>5.0.27/webapps/myapp.war
>
>....but if I merely put the war file in the webapps directory and
restart
>Tomcat I just get WARNING of:
>WARNING: Exception while expanding web application archive myapp.war
>
>I am having trouble guessing what no !/ in spec could mean and
therefore
>Im not sure where to continue my troubleshooting.  Does anyone know
what
>that means?
>
>Thanks
>Rob
>

>---------START ERROR MESSAGE------------
>2004-08-11 12:00:37 StandardContext[/manager]Manager: install:
Installing
>web application at /usr/local/tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/myapp.war from
>jar:file:/usr/local/tomcat-
>5.0.27/work/Catalina/localhost/manager/usr#local
>#tomcat-5.0.27#webapps#myapp.war!/
>2004-08-11 12:00:37 StandardContext[/manager]Manager:
>ManagerServlet.install[/usr/local/tomcat-5.0.27/webapps/myapp.war]
>java.net.MalformedURLException: no !/ in spec
>        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:571)
>        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:434)
>        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:383)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java
:9
22)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java
:7
35)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.doGet(ManagerServlet.java:
32
2)
>        at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>        at
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
ic
atio
>FilterChain.java:237)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
il
terC
>ain.java:157)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
al
ve.j
>va:214)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValv
eC
onte
>t.java:104)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:
520)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(Standard
Co
ntex
>Valve.java:198)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
al
ve.j
>va:152)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValv
eC
onte
>t.java:104)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authentica
rBas
>.java:540)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValv
eC
onte
>t.java:102)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:
520)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
av
a:13