tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "V. Karthik Kumar" <gu...@bafsoft.com>
Subject Re: tag file encoding problem
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:20:43 GMT
use:

response.setCharacterEncoding("Whatever"); <-- internally, this is what
the tags translate to...

Before u carry on with out.print() statements...

And one more thing.. there is an option available to add encoding
messages by default; a filter is available by default....

filters.setCharacterEncodingFilter

look in the servlets-examples\WEB-INF\web.xml

:)