tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rob Scala <>
Subject Tomcat-4.1.27 not picking up jsse from j2sdk-1.4.1
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2004 02:36:22 GMT

I am new to the list and I hope this is an appropriate question.

I am running tomcat-4.1.27 and j2sdk-1.4.1 on fedora (both from rpms),
and having trouble creating a client https URL.

When running a stand-alone program, it works fine, but within tomcat I
get an exception: "Protocol handler not found: https".

I note that Security.getProviders() returns different provider lists.
With the stand-alone program, it gets the expected list: SUN, SunJSSE,
SunRsaSign, SunJCE, and SunJGSS.  The same code in tomcat lists only one
provider: GNU.

All this is a little baffling to me.  Any ideas?

Rob Scala

Scala Systems - custom software development

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message