tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mats Henrikson <m...@herald.ox.ac.uk>
Subject server port and shutdown
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:25:30 GMT
Hi,

I have searched through the archives and the docs for this, but can't
find anything relevant.

I am running Tomcat 4.1.30 on a multiuser system. Because there are
quite a few users on the system I would like to disable the server
shutdown port, as it is trivial for any of the other users to telnet
there and type SHUTDOWN.

I tried just leaving the port and shutdown attributes out of the Server
definition element, but that didn't seem to have any effect, it seemed
to just listen on the default port 8005 for the default command SHUTDOWN
as usual.

Surely there is some way to turn this off, or maybe some other to
protect it from malicious users?

Regards,

Mats