tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jpa...@bangtechnology.com>
Subject Re: REG: session
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:15:43 GMT
Very simple,
User session listener, and put your database access code in
sessionDestroy method().

-Jignesh
On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 06:52, Venu wrote:
> Hello EveryOne,
>
> I have stucked at a point well i am using mysql as database where i am buidling a web
application.

> For locking the multiusers i am using edit_status in each and every table..
>
> Let say a user logged in the edit_status value for the logged in user is "per_id" and
when the user log's out the edit_Status value is going to be "0".

> But the problem comes when the user logged in but doesnt log's out in sense if his system
hangs or powershutdown's then his record is going to be locked and he wont able to login once
again...

> is there any way which i can create a session with session time when the user is not
responding at the server (Tomcat) a bean executes release the tables...while doing these i
need to carry out the excat per_id of that person. or else how to call another jsp inside
web.xml when the session expires