tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Charles Huey" <stephenh...@fastmail.fm>
Subject installing tomcat 4.1.27 on linux
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:14:28 GMT
We're moving Tomcat over to a Linux box, and we're under pressure to get
it done as quickly as possible and put it into production right away
even though none of us knows Linux all that well beyond me using Solaris
back in my school days!  So, I'm looking for Tomcat 4.1.27 for Linux,
and I don't see that available here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi

However, in searching around, I found this, and I'm wondering if this is
the right thing for me to be using:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/suse/9.0/i386/suse/i586/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27-63.i586.html

I've heard about RPM only in the last day or so when looking around for
utilities for Linux.  I'll probably want the RPM version for Tomcat,
right?  This page talks about RPM:

http://www.rpm.org/

But I'm wondering if it comes with Red Hat 8 (I can't tell yet--my boss
is installing Red Hat across town and I'm just doing my homework so I'm
ready to roll when he's done with all the things he has to do on his
end).

Thanks,
Stephen