tomcat-users mailing list archives

From nhel...@d.umn.edu
Subject $CATALINA_HOME\shared configuration question
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:41:46 GMT
Hello all,

I'm doing some .jsp development on the company's 4.1.24 tomcat install.

We're in the process of adopting the use of the $CATALINA_HOME\shared\classes
and $CATALINA_HOME\shared\lib directories (windows platform) to encourage
greater code sharing and integration, and I'm having trouble getting Tomcat to
watch these folders for changes and refresh it's cache if such changes are present.

As near as I can tell, for a typical context, it seems the way to do this is to
hop into the server.xml file and set the "reloadable" value to true.

However, I'm not seeing a context within that file that pertains to the
$CATALINA_HOME\shared directory.

So, the question: where does one go to configure the $CATALINA_HOME\shared
context to be reloadable?

Thanks in advance,

  - Nathan