tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Charles Huey" <stephenh...@fastmail.fm>
Subject 1067 error when starting service after allocating more memory to JVM
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2004 16:31:50 GMT
Hey, we've been running Tomcat 4.1.27 for a couple of years on our
webserver, and we just upgraded the server from 2GB of memory to 3GB.
We've been allocating 1GB to the JVM when installing Tomcat as a
service, but now we'd like to do 2GB, so I just changed the two
instances of 1024 to 2048 in this:

D:\tomcat\bin\tomcat.exe -install "Apache_Tomcat"
"C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll" -server -Xmx2048m -Xms2048m
-Djava.class.path="D:\Tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar"
-Dcatalina.home="D:\Tomcat"
-Djava.endorsed.dirs="D:\Tomcat\common\endorsed" -start
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params stop -out
"D:\Tomcat\logs\stdout.log" -err "D:\Tomcat\logs\stderr.log"

When I run that, it tells me the service was successfully installed.
However, when I go to start the service, I get that 1067 error saying
that it terminated unexpectedly.  When I change each 2048 back to 1024,
it of course installs and starts just fine again.  How can I get this
thing installed and running with more memory allocated to it?

Thanks,
Stephen