tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ihab A.B. Awad" <i...@stanford.edu>
Subject <jsp:include> does nothing
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:37:35 GMT
Hi folks,

I am trying to get a <jsp:include> tag to include the contents of a CGI
which is deployed in the same webapp using the CGI servlet.

My JSP page is mapped (webapp relative) to --

   /smd/html/index.jsp

and my CGI mapping is to the path --

   /smd/html/cgi-bin/*

In my JSP page, the following --

   <jsp:forward page="cgi-bin/search/test.pl"/>

works as exected, returning the complete results of invoking the CGI.
(Thus, it seems to me, the general ability to invoke CGIs from my JSPs
is proven.) However, the following --

   <jsp:include page="cgi-bin/search/test.pl"/>

is a no-op: nothing gets included in the output. Now, doing --

   <jsp:include page="test.jsp"/>

where "test.jsp" is a simple JSP page, works just fine.

What could be the problem? Am I ignorant of a configuration parameter
somewhere? Any and all help appreciated. Regards and peace,

Ihab

--
Ihab A.B. Awad <ihab@stanford.edu>
Snr Scientific Programmer, Dept of Genetics