tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Todd Sprague" <t...@pcavionics.com>
Subject No replies on tomcat-user, trying you directly
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:44:40 GMT
Hello Yoav,

I'm sorry to bother you directly, but I have had no responses to my posting
on tomcat-user, and hope you might help me out.  I've outlined the problem
below... please let me know if you need more information.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 5:58 PM

I'm using the old JDBC tags from the Advanced JSP book, under Tomcat
4.1.29/Apache 2.0.48 on Linux 9.

The expression tags are not being evaluated inside my query tag, although
the same stuff works under Tomcat 3.2.3.

For example, the following JSP snippet will work:

<database:query update='false' id='test'>
  SELECT ID,Name From User WHERE Zip=96332
</database:query>

But the following won't:

<database:query update='false' id='test'>
  SELECT ID,Name From User WHERE Zip=<%= strZip %>
</database:query>

The <%= strZip %> shows up in the body text that my custom tag ends up
passing to the database.  How can I tell Tomcat that the expressions in this
text must be evaluated?

My TLD for the query tag is as follows:

        <tag>
                <name>query</name>
                <tag-class>tags.jdbc.QueryTag</tag-class>
                <attribute>
                        <name>id</name>
                        <required>true</required>
                        <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>