tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Keith Bottner" <kbott...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: SingleSiteLogon working, now how do I log them out?
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 21:47:14 GMT
That was how I did handle it when I rolled my own security model through a
base action. But now that I am using Single Site Logon it sets a Principal
on the HttpServletRequest and I do not know how to invalidate the Principal.
In Tomcat you can actually retrieve the user name and password that was used
to log the user in through SingleSignOn using (BASIC, FORM, etc.) by doing a

import org.apache.catalina.realm.GenericPrincipal;

GenericPrincipal p = (GenericPrincipal)request.getUserPrincipal();
if ( p != null )
{
	String username = p.getName();
	String password = p.getPassword();
}

But this principal is now ATTACHED to the session and I can't seem to find a
way to invalidate it or remote it? It is stored deep down in the bowels for
Tomcat in something called their "notes" in CoyoteRequest which ends up
being wrapped by CoyoteRequestFacade which does not allow access.

Anyone else...

Keith