tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Keith Bottner" <kbott...@comcast.net>
Subject Weird context.xml default application problem
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:18:56 GMT
This is strange!

When I package my application and deploy it my context.xml file that is
contained within the META-INF directory is copied to the
CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/app.xml properly.  Here is the file
for reference:

<Context path="" docBase="app" debug="3" privileged="true"
reloadable="false" >

</Context>

My server does NOT recognize this as the default web application, instead it
lists the directory contents for the webapps directory. BUT, and here is the
weird part. If I manually edit the file and add or remove a line and restart
appropriately, it then does get recognized as the default application. Any
ideas? Or am I just getting lucky that it ever gets recognized as the
default app and I should be setting this directly in server.xml? And how
does the default install of tomcat always seem to recognize ROOT as the
default even though there is no settings in server.xml or a context.xml file
associated with it?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Keith