tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <g_dev...@globallyboundless.com>
Subject RE: custom error pages
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 18:44:08 GMT
I think the essence of the request is to get Tomcat to not show a tomcat
error page under any circumstances.  For those using Tomcat stand-alone,
(ie: they do not have the benefit of being able to use custom apache error
pages), is there a solution?

If you say that errorpages specified in web.xml are part of the web app, and
so are not available unless the app is available, would this be more
appropriately handled by a customized Connector? ie:

com.foo.my.Connector extends org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector

and then I can set up customized pages for 404, 500, etc, etc ?