tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Venu" <...@dlinformatique.com>
Subject Re: REG: session
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:59:19 GMT
Hello Jignesh ,
Thankx for ur reply
can u explain a bit elobrate..

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jignesh Patel" <jpatel@bangtechnology.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 6:15 AM
Subject: Re: REG: session

> Very simple,
> User session listener, and put your database access code in
> sessionDestroy method().
>
> -Jignesh
> On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 06:52, Venu wrote:
> > Hello EveryOne,
> >
> > I have stucked at a point well i am using mysql as database where i am
buidling a web application.

> > For locking the multiusers i am using edit_status in each and every
table..

> > Let say a user logged in the edit_status value for the logged in user is
"per_id" and when the user log's out the edit_Status value is going to be
"0".

> > But the problem comes when the user logged in but doesnt log's out in
sense if his system hangs or powershutdown's then his record is going to be
locked and he wont able to login once again...

> > is there any way which i can create a session with session time when the
user is not responding at the server (Tomcat) a bean executes release the
tables...while doing these i need to carry out the excat per_id of that
person. or else how to call another jsp inside web.xml when the session
expires