tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <j...@wendysmoak.com>
Subject Where to put Listener & Realm instead of server.xml?
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:22:49 GMT
We're going to try out a third-party report generation tool, and the
installation instructions involve replacing server.xml.  They assume they
will be the only webapp running, which is not the case here.

Can I put their changes somewhere else?

They need:
    <Listener className="..." descriptors="..." debug="0"/>
and also
    <Realm className="..." debug="99" />

I don't really want to edit my server.xml, since I don't need to for any of
my own webapps.  But I'm not sure if these tags can go in web.xml, or if
not, I seem to remember maybe putting a file in the 'webapps' directory
which will get picked up.

Can someone enlighten me or point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

--
Wendy Smoak