tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "guy katz" <...@inter.net.il>
Subject form-based login username and password encoding issue
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:10:58 GMT
hi all;

in my application, i let my users register to my site (with username, password , etc.. ),
when they do i programatically take their username and password and move it to the authentication
tables of the datasource realm so they can authenticate. i am using form-basd login.

problem is that when a user enters a username ans password characters that are not western
europian, the authentication process fails.

is this a constraint of the fact that the user and password are sent as parameters in the
URL? (j_user, ...).

are the parameters in the URL not encoded as UTF-8? can i control this?

thanks in advance.