tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "master" <>
Subject Re: mod_jk and cache
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:11:47 GMT

> If you're using the mod_jk.conf auto-generation (I assume you are from
> the context of your message), then its simply because the mod_jk module
> only generates that file when Tomcat is started, once started, that file
> is not modified again. Even so, as far as I know, Apache doesn't pick up
> modifications to its .conf files - so Apache would need to get restarted
> for the updated configuration to take effect.
> The same would be the case if you weren't running the auto-generation,
> you would need to add the JKMount directives to your apache
> configuration manually, and restart Apache for the changes to take effect.
> Or maybe I've misunderstood your problem?
> Respectfully,
> Brice Ruth
> --
> Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst
> Fiskars Brands Inc

hi, no i don t use the autoconf but that s not really the problem my problem
is not about the  change in the config file i speak in the change of .class
file for example  in a website, a simple reload of the context (with the
manager) work fine for java but not for apache it doesn t take the changes

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message