tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Hughey" <bi...@vioma.com>
Subject Multiple instances of Tomcat.
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:04:56 GMT
I am working on converting a standalone content management system that has embedded Tomcat
and an admin servlet as one of its components.  My intent is to turn this application into
a servlet itself running under a standalone Tomcat5.

My question: is it possible to run embedded Tomcat5 within a servlet that is itself running
under Tomcat5?

Second question: would it be possible if this works for the inner servlet to access memory
(objects) instanciated by the outer servlet?

Note: I have noticed that servlets within the same context have access to each others memory,
while servlets of different contexts do not.  Anyone care to confirm, elaborate, explain,
contradict?

Thanks for any help.