tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Hunt" <robert-h...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Multiple contexts mapped to single docbase
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:32:49 GMT
Re: multiple mappings; not exactly the point and I apologize for not
specifying that 'docBase="appXyz"' (in both <Context/> descriptors) should
be an absolute reference.

The point was to have multiple contexts mapped to the same docbase, BUT,
with each context having its OWN web.xml deployment descriptor.

Using the undocumented (you don't see it listed in most texts) defaultWebXml
"feature" achieves this purpose.  But, as it is "undocumented," I'm
wondering if there's a better/more-robust (read: supported) method.

-- RH