tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael S├╝dkamp <michael.suedk...@docware.de>
Subject AW: Problem with session counting
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:14:29 GMT
Hm, the API doc for HttpSessionListener states that sessionDestroyed() should be called when
a session is invalidated not when the session object will be destroyed. I can wait eternally,
for the orphan sessions the sessionDestroyed() method will never be called.

I think I am close to the solution now.
In our app for a new session there is a thread started that inserts some session-specific
data into a database. If I replace that thread by synchronous code, the problem does not occur.
So the solution should be to stop this thread before invalidating a session.

Does it sound OK to you that a running thread causes this behaviour?

Michael