tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <ste...@world-of-shadows.de>
Subject jsp:include page and Dynamic Resource does not work
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:07:41 GMT
Hello,

I want to include the response of a Dynamic Resource (implemented as a Servlet) in my JSP,
but even the servlet isn't called.

jsp-snipplet:
<jsp:include page="<%= request.getContextPath() + "/viewResource" %>" flush="true">
  <jsp:param name="filename" value="incl.txt"/>
</jsp:include>

snipplet from web.xml:
  <servlet-name>ViewResource</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/viewResource</url-pattern>

If I call the servlet direct/manually with the url context/viewResource?filename=incl.txt
it works fine, but the jsp doesn't call it. Why?

My enviroment:
- Tomcat 4.1.30
- Win 2000
- JDK 1.3.1_05