tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Campbell" <sha...@uk2.net>
Subject Re: Getting 404 error deploying my servlet
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:47:09 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kimmy Lin" <kimmylin@cs.umb.edu>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: Getting 404 error deploying my servlet

> In your web.xml, you might want to try add the following
>
> <web-app>
>  <!-- must add the following servlet mapping after tomcat v.4.12 -->
>  <servlet-mapping>
>   <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
>   <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
>  </servlet-mapping>
> </web-app>
>
> This is required after version 4.12 or 13. But this seem to break
> your servlet program again in Tomcat 5. But since you are using
> Tomcat 4, it should work.
>
> Kimmy

Kimmy

You were right!!  I don't know where I got that web.xml file from but when I
put those lines into the one out of my war file it worked.

Thanks to those who pointed out about the syntax of the xml file. Iit made
me go back and check and that's when I realised I'd picked up the wrong
web.xml.

Thanks

Shaun