tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carey Boldenow" <c.bolde...@cyterasystems.com>
Subject serialized objects invalidating session
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:59:42 GMT
I have a web application that is storing 2 objects in each user's
session. I recently made each of those objects implement the
Serializable interface. What I now notice is that if I stop and restart
Tomcat (Tomcat 5.0) the sessions are no longer valid and as a result,
the serialized objects are gone. However, if I refactor those the 2
objects to no longer implement the Serializable interface, then my
sessions are recovered from disk after server stop and start, but of
course, my non-serialized objects are no longer around. Help!  BTW, I am
not seeing any errors in the Tomcat logs when I do serialize those
objects.

Regards,

Carey