tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Migrating from TC3.3.1 to TC4.1.30 What's changed?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 05:36:41 GMT

"Lemke, Michael IZ/HZA-IOR" <lemkemch@de.ina.com> wrote in message
news:9F9C94896CD7474281037ABB1F8E74561CAEF1@DE010198.de.ina.com...
> I have to migrate out TC3.3.1 to TC4.1.30 to support a third party
application.
> Apparently, the conf/server.xml has changed considerably.  I can't find
any
> change logs or FAQs to do that sort of migration.

Well, TC 3.3.1 and TC 4.1.30 have almost nothing in common, so the migration
is pretty much the same as starting new with TC 4.1.30.

> One problem: I launched the webapps with files like conf/apps-APPNAME.xml.
How
> do I do that with TC4.1.x?

You can put APPNAME.xml into the webapps directory to get the same sort of
functionality.  However, the syntax for the content of the file is totally
different than in 3.3.