tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "M.Hockings" <veeshoo...@hockings.net>
Subject Re: Jarring custom taglibs: looking for a file named taglib.tld
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:24:43 GMT
Keith Hankin wrote:
> I have been been trying to jar up a custom taglib java class along with the corresponding
tld file. However I keep getting an error indicating that it cannot find a file named "META-INF/taglib.tld".

> I have followed instructions in this doc: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jsp09023.html?ca=dgr-jw17j-jsp09023
yet it does not seem to work properly.

"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">

>   <taglib>
>
>   <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
>
>   <jspversion>2.0</jspversion>
>
>   <shortname>mytag</shortname>
>
>   <tag>
>
>   <name>myTag1</name>
>
>   <tagclass>com.mycompany.MyTag</tagclass>
>
>   </tag>
>

>   </taglib>

Rename your META-INF/mytag.tld  to be META-INF/taglib.tld

When the tld is contained in the jar it is expected to be
META-INF/taglib.tld I believe.

Mike