tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Custom Connector
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 06:07:07 GMT
There isn't much in the way of docs, but it isn't too hard to do.

The main thing that you need to implement a ProtocolHandler
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apach
e/coyote/ProtocolHandler.html) to connect your protocol code to the rest of
the Coyote Connector code.  This class is responsible for dispatching
incoming requests to a Thread to handle it, which will then call the service
method on the Adapter to pass the request to Tomcat.

You'll also need to implement an InputBuffer (to read request bodies), an
OutputBuffer (to send the response to the client), and probably an
ActionHook to handle events during the processing.

"Ghanakota, Vishu" <GVishweshwar@firstam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> We have a deployment of Tomcat serving Http requests using Servlets. We
have
> a requirement to support a custom protocol. I am thinking about having a
> custom connector for this, since I can re-use rest of my code, instead of
> developing a new server for this. Is there any documentation on building
> custom connectors?
>
> thank you,
> Vishu
>
> "MMS <firstam.com>" made the following
>  annotations on 07/21/2004 02:51:44 PM
----
> "THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH, ARE INTENDED
SOLELY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN
CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE
ADDRESSEE INDICATED IN THIS MESSAGE (OR RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERY OF THIS
MESSAGE TO SUCH PERSON) YOU MAY NOT REVIEW, USE, DISCLOSE OR DISTRIBUTE THIS
MESSAGE OR ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH.  IF YOU RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE IN
ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER BY REPLY E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE AND
ALL COPIES OF IT FROM YOUR SYSTEM."