tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Noah <tak...@gmail.com>
Subject Win2k SP4, Tomcat 5.0.27: Problem Setting JVM Heap Size
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:51:48 GMT
I have recieved help (thanks Pradeep and Tonte) from the list
about a problem that seems to come from Tomcat running out of
memory. The solution seems to be increasing the JVM memory.

However, I have run into a problem in doing this. I thought that
I had worked toward solving the problem but needed to
increase the available memory more. However, it seemed that
in the task manager, Tomcat was not approaching the amount
I allocated. Checking the logs of the application we are running
(eMatrix...) we saw that it doesn't think the -Xms/Xmx option
have been set.

On the dev server I tried setting the options using the Tomcat
configuration tool, the registry, catalina.bat, and even making
a JAVA_OPTS system environment variable, but none of
these things are reflected in the eMatrix logs.

Do any other methods of setting JVM options exist? I would
appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Noah