tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Wijtten <m.wijt...@vivid-europe.com>
Subject Intercept shutdown on Embedded Server
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:31:33 GMT
I am currently using Tomcat (4) as an Embedded Server. Unfortunately, it is not
possible to intercept or catch any exceptions thrown in one of my webapplications.
Once i've invoked server through the  Embedded class, i'm unable to control, intercept
or catch exceptions thrown in the server. Also adding my own LifeCycleListener doesn't
help. It's almost like the Embedded server executes a Sytem.exit.  Is there any way to
prevent a shutdown of tomcat in case of exceptions in webapplications? (It works if
i execute the startup/catalina scripts).
N.b. I'm using the commons-launcher to launch my application.

Kind regards,
Maurice Wijtten