tomcat-users mailing list archives

From d...@lexmark.com
Subject JSPC/Jasper2 with no package name - bug???
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:57:46 GMT

Hi,

I precompile my JSP's.  I have the source files under a directory structure
as follows:

src
    jsp
        user
        admin

I am trying to use the JspC with Ant as described at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jasper-howto.html.
However, I want the package name to be the sub-directory ie user, admin
etc. for the respective files.

I tried leaving off package= at first, but this created them all with a
package of org.apache.jsp.user/admin etc..

I then tried just putting package="", but now I get an error with the
package name becoming ".user", ".admin", which is obviously invalid.

How do I achieve what I need?  Is this a bug?  Can anyone point me in the
right direction where the package statement is generated when the java
files are created?

Many thanks,

David