tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pradeep Chauhan" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat DataSource
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:44:15 GMT

Check web.xml of in ur application folder and same name resource id define
in ur Application Context in Server.xml.

With Regards,
Pradeep Chauhan

-----Original Message-----
From: Bussie, Andre D []
Sent: 26.07.2004 20:28
Subject: Tomcat DataSource

I'm using Tomcat 5.0.19. I configured a datasource via the Tomcat Admin
tool to configure a datatsource listed below is the server.xml file
settings for the datasource

<ResourceParams name="hsqldb">

However when I try to access the datasource from a jsp file I get the
following error

2004-07-26 10:42:19 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for
servlet jsp threw exception

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name hsqldb is not bound in this

Code snippet listed below

<% InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();

      DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/hsqldb");

      Connection conn = ds.getConnection();

Any suggestions on what can be causing this error. Why isn't in the
context and how do I bind it to the context?

Andre' D. Bussie

Sourcing Rotational Program

532 Fellowship Rd

Moorestown, NJ 08057