tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Randall Svancara" <rsvanc...@adaweb.net>
Subject RE: address is already in use
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:32:54 GMT
Try:

yourserver# killall -9 java          --> kills all java processes with extreme prejudice
yourserver# /etc/init.d/tomcat start --> assumes you have a startup script for tomcat,
otherwise use the scripts in the bin directory of your tomcat install.

That will remove all the java processes running on your unix system.  Or you could go into
task manager in windows stop all the java processes.  Keep in mind this could kill other processes
that are using java too.

Anyway, this has worked for me. If there is a better way, I would like to know.

Thanks,

Randall

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Currie [mailto:MCurrie@ncen.com]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 11:27 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: address is already in use

So,  how do you actually get it running again, reboot?

Mike Currie
Senior Web Developer
New Century Mortgage
Direct 949 743 7037
Mobile 949 279 4358
Fax 866 281 0360

> This electronic message transmission contains information from New Century which may
be confidential or privileged. This information is intended for the use of the individuals
or entity named in the message. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us immediately by
telephone and delete the message from your system. Thank you.