tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Linder Anna-Verena" <Anna-Verena.Lin...@tns-infratest.com>
Subject PersistentManager and Session Update
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:11:17 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem with the configuration of the PersistentManager and session update times.
I would like to share sessions across a cluster (managed outside of Tomcat) by having the
PersistentManager write and read session data to and from a database.

I tried to configure the PersistentManager to update the session data immediately, and with
Tomcat 4.1.24, this works as I would have expected. In Tomcat 5 (the version we use on the
production system), the PersistentManager seems to update the session entry every 60 seconds,
no matter what I set in the configuration. I have tried this with Tomcat 5.0.19 and 5.0.27,
and both with the JDBCStore and the FileStore.

What am I missing? My configuration follows below (I have tried it with 0, 1 and -1 as parameters
to the time intervals).

Thanks for your help!
Anna Verena

-------
<Context path="/myapp" docBase="D:/project/webapps/myapp"
        debug="0">

    <Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
           checkInterval="1"
           maxIdleBackup="0"
           maxIdleSwap="0"
           minIdleSwap="0"
           debug="1"

            <Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.JDBCStore"
                    debug="1"
                    connectionURL="jdbc:postgresql://mydbserver:5432/tomcat?user=tomcatsession&amp;password=tomcatsession"
                    driverName="org.postgresql.Driver"
                    sessionTable="tomcatsessions"
                    sessionAppCol="appname"
                    sessionDataCol="sessiondata"
                    sessionIdCol="sessionid"
                    sessionLastAccessedCol="lastaccess"
                    sessionMaxInactiveCol="maxinactive"
                    sessionValidCol="validsession"
            />
<!--
           <Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"
               debug="4"
               checkInterval="0"
               directory="D:/Java/tomcat-temp" />
-->
        </Manager>
</Context>

________________________________

Anna Verena Linder
TNS Infratest
Landsberger Str. 338
D-80687 M√ľnchen
t  +49 (0) 89 5600 - 1376
e  anna-verena.linder <mailto:anna-verena.linder@tns-infratest.com> @tns-infratest.com
www.tns-infratest.com <http://www.tns-infratest.com/>
www.tns-global.com <http://www.tns-global.com/>

and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.