tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Reynolds" <...@DISC.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.0
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:59:51 GMT
Hello-
   I'm trying to get a demo up and running with Tomcat 5.0 running on
windows xp sp1 and no matter what I do, I only get the following
directory structure listing for my context directory instead of getting
the .jsp I intending on serving up.
   Is the execution of my .jsp failing and such the directory is
displayed or is it even correctly executing my jsp?
   I'm using the deployment approach of dropping in the already expanded
context directory.  I have tried putting a .war file out there that I
generated with Studio Creator and it had the same affect.
   The listing page that is served looks like:

Directory Listing For /

  _____

Filename
Size
Last Modified

    <http://localhost:8080/household/.nbattrs> .nbattrs
1.1 kb
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:22:24 GMT

    <http://localhost:8080/household/HouseDetail.jsp> HouseDetail.jsp
4.7 kb
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:20:25 GMT

    <http://localhost:8080/household/Household.jsp> Household.jsp
12.7 kb
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:15:59 GMT

    <http://localhost:8080/household/criteria/> criteria/

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 03:24:08 GMT

    <http://localhost:8080/household/criteria.jar> criteria.jar
3.1 kb
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:09:46 GMT

    <http://localhost:8080/household/criteria.jarContent>
criteria.jarContent
1.3 kb
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:49:48 GMT

    <http://localhost:8080/household/criteria.js> criteria.js
5.3 kb
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:20:25 GMT

    <http://localhost:8080/household/house.css> house.css
2.5 kb
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:52:02 GMT

    <http://localhost:8080/household/house.war> house.war
25.5 kb
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:09:59 GMT

    <http://localhost:8080/household/images/> images/

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 03:24:08 GMT
  _____

Apache Tomcat/5.0.27

   The page I intended to serve and the name of my context is
Household.jsp.
http://localhost:8080/household/

   I'm fairly new to Tomcat and so don't have much experience with the
prior versions.
  Any help / or advice would be appreciated.
  Bill Reynolds
  bfr@disc.com