tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bussie, Andre D" <andre.d.bus...@lmco.com>
Subject Cannot create JDBC driver of class
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:42:24 GMT
What's triggers this error message I've been trying to connect to a
datasource via JNDI on Tomcat 5.0.19 for the past couple of days and it
seems like when I fix one problem I run into another. Does anyone know
what causes this error message?

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of
class 'org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver' for connect URL 'jdbc:hsqldb.hsql:xxxxx',
cause:

Before you answer these are the steps I completed so far

1.)     Added DataSource via Tomcat Admin Tool

2.)     Modified server.xml <context> to include info for datasource

3.)     Modified web.xml file with <resource-ref> tag

4.)     Modified webapp.xml file in tomcat/conf/Catalina file with
datasource params

Can anyone help me?

Has anyone had a successful connection to a datasource?

Thanks is advance

Andre' D. Bussie

Sourcing Rotational Program

MAC-MAR