tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bussie, Andre D" <andre.d.bus...@lmco.com>
Subject DataSource
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:35:49 GMT
By adding the <resource-ref> tag to the web.xml and including the
<ResourceLink> tag in the Context of the server.xml it allieviated the
issues of the datasource not bound to the Context. However, I received
another error listed below

2004-07-28 08:59:49 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for
servlet jsp threw exception

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of
class '' for connect URL 'null', cause:

java.lang.NullPointerException

This is puzzling because I have established a connection to the database
through the struts framework.

Any suggestions on why I received this error