tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bussie, Andre D" <andre.d.bus...@lmco.com>
Subject Tomcat Datasource
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:56:42 GMT
I'm using Tomcat 5.0.19. I configured a datasource via the Tomcat Admin
tool to configure a datatsource listed below is the server.xml file
settings for the datasource

<GlobalNamingResources>

    <Resource name="jdbc/phone" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource" description="Database for the phone
application" />

    <ResourceParams name="jdbc/phone">

            <parameter>

            <name>maxWait</name>

            <value>5000</value>

            </parameter>

            <parameter>

            <name>maxActive</name>

            <value>4</value>

            </parameter>

            <parameter>

            <name>password</name>

            <value></value>

            </parameter>

            <parameter>

            <name>url</name>

            <value>jdbc:hsqldb.hsql://localhost</value>

            </parameter>

            <parameter>

            <name>driverClassName</name>

            <value>org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</value>

            </parameter>

            <parameter>

            <name>maxIdle</name>

            <value>2</value>

            </parameter>

            <parameter>

            <name>username</name>

            <value>sa</value>

            </parameter>

    </ResourceParams>

  </GlobalNamingResources>

However when I try to access the datasource from a jsp file I get the
following error

2004-07-26 10:42:19 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for
servlet jsp threw exception

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc/phone is not bound in this