tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kannan Sundararajan <ksundarara...@marketaxess.com>
Subject RE: JSP updates leading to OutOfMemoryErrors and Tomcat Crashes
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:52:50 GMT
It depends on your hardware and memory settings.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale, Matt [mailto:Matt.Dale@beCogent.com]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 9:49 AM
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: JSP updates leading to OutOfMemoryErrors and Tomcat Crashes

We have a webapp that consists of >1000 jsps that are code generated from
another application. What we are experiencing is within an hour or two of
uploading some updated jsps OutOfMemoryErrors start happening and Tomcat
crashes.

Once restarted, it seems fine and survives until we next do an update when
once again after a couple of hours the same problems reoccur.

We tried forking the Jsp compliation, but this hasn't resolved the problem.
I was wondering if anybody has ever come accross similar behaviour and if
there are any known issues that may relate to it.

Ta
Matt