tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt Harrison <matt.harri...@tmd.tv>
Subject Accessing javax.security.auth.Subject within a session
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:18:12 GMT
Hi

I've implemented a JAAS Realm authentication module for my servlet/JSP
web-app which is working a treat.

Can anybody tell me how to access in my servlets the
javax.security.auth.Subject object generated at login?

This fronts an existing application and I would like to store the
user-specific jdbc database connection object generated at login as a
credential within the Subject and use it within the session context of my
web-app. I know that I could capture the username and password with a filter
and recreate the db connection post authentication, but I guess this kind of
defeats the purpose of container based security and creates unnecessary
session creation work at the database.

Thanks in advance

Matt