tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shilpa Nalgonda" <>
Subject struts problem..action forward not working...please help...
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:44:52 GMT
I am writing a struts application...I have configued struts-config such that
when the user submit billing info,
the data is inserted into database and returns result.jsp page.  when i run
my aplication the billing info is created in database but the result page is
displayed blank.  Is there any in configuraton that i am missing..below is
my striys config

    <forward name="success" path="/result.jsp" />

Below is the action class excute method.
public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,
				 ActionForm form,
				 HttpServletRequest request,
				 HttpServletResponse response)
	throws Exception

    	String action = request.getParameter("action");
    	if (action == null)
    		action = "Create";
    	BillingInfoForm usrform = (BillingInfoForm)form;
    	System.out.println("usrform.firstname: "+ usrform.getFirstName());
	System.out.println("usrform.firstname: "+ usrform.getLastName());
    		UserDAO usrDao = new UserDAO();
    	catch(DAOException e)
    		throw new Exception("User could not be created");

        return (mapping.findForward("result"));
web.xml has the default entry

  <!-- Standard Action Servlet Mapping -->