tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pedro Nevado" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat Datasource
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:04:05 GMT
In case it helps, have a look a this parameter:

<ResourceParams name="jdbc/vivoenDS">

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Bussie, Andre D []
Enviado el: lunes, 26 de julio de 2004 20:57
Asunto: Tomcat Datasource

I'm using Tomcat 5.0.19. I configured a datasource via the Tomcat Admin
tool to configure a datatsource listed below is the server.xml file
settings for the datasource

    <Resource name="jdbc/phone" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource" description="Database for the phone
application" />

    <ResourceParams name="jdbc/phone">

However when I try to access the datasource from a jsp file I get the
following error

2004-07-26 10:42:19 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for
servlet jsp threw exception

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc/phone is not bound in this

Code snippet listed below

<% InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();

      DataSource ds =

      Connection conn = ds.getConnection();

Any suggestions on what can be causing this error. Why isn't in the
context and how do I bind it to the context?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message