tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Phillip Blancher" <>
Subject Re: Help (Started over again) Making Tomcat work with Apache
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:26:34 GMT
>To test if your Apache+mod_jk+Tomcat config is working, see if you can
>get to:
>If this prompts you for a login, then its working ... as this is the
>login for Tomcat's manager application.

This did work.

>So, you could enable the "ROOT" context in server.xml, restart Tomcat,
>restart Apache (to pick up the new mod_jk.conf), then put your test.jsp
>in webapps/ROOT - and *then* http://localhost/test.jsp *should* work.

I am assuming you are talking about this section of server.xml?

       <!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
         <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>

Which I changed to:

        <!-- Tomcat Root Context -->

          <Context path="d:/webserver/apache/apache/htdocs" docBase="ROOT"

And now nothing works again on JSP. I am receiving Error 500's in IE.

to offer.

  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message