tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Doe" <mobilephant...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: web.xml: my default.css file does not work correctly
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2004 00:57:29 GMT
Thanks for this. Hmm, so this is something that I was not aware of. (The
O'Relilly book -- Tomcat *Definitive* Reference -- doesn't even mention
this!!!!) So, I've disabled the / mapping by commenting it out. And my CSS
pages are working as normal. But trying to access my app with the root URL
just causes a directory listing.

So how do I stop that? I'm deploying my app under a particular context, and
clearly I want to be able to just put in http://host/context/ and expect it
to pick the home page. It doesn't, but just gives me a directory listing. So
adding a / mapping solves this but stops CSS, and without it I get CSS but
no root mapping!!

Bugger!

Anyone have any ideas?

Joe.