tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bret Waldow" <Bret.Wal...@themolesite.com>
Subject I need a pointer about persistent info for my servlet, please
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 05:55:33 GMT
We are deploying a servlet front end to an existing application.  When
the application is installed, the user picks some parameters, like the
install directory, that aren't known to us when we make the .WAR file we
deploy from.

However, our servlet needs to know this, and it needs to know it in a
way that survives redeployment of the servlet from the .WAR file - so I
can't put it into the WEB-INF/web.xml file, as this will be overwritten
when the servlet is redeployed in Tomcat.

During product installation, where can I write the information the user
chooses so that it will always be available to our servlet?  (And in
what form, please?)

I've read about a tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/<servletname>.xml file,
but I have only seen the examples for the built-in Tomcat apps, and
those don't show examples of <param...something> for me to use.

Can anyone point me to something that I can use for this?

Thanks,

Bret