tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kal Govindu" <K...@waterfield.com>
Subject RE: LDAP - newbee help
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:50:11 GMT
Thank you for clearing that up.

I will take a look at that document. I have made a connection to the Active Directory, but
am not able to authenticate users yet, probably since I don't know details about how user
or members and their corresponding role information is store in our Directory Server. I will
need to contact the tech guys for that. In Microsoft Active Directory terms, where is this
information stored? and what is called? so I can ask the right questions.

Thanks
Kal

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Rankin [mailto:ross@careerfish.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 2:09 PM
To: Kal Govindu; 'Tomcat Users List (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: LDAP - newbee help

LDAP, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, is a protocol that other
programs use to look up contact information from a server, such as Microsoft
Active Directory.  It is a service provided by a server, not a server.  An
LDAP server is a server that provides LDAP services...  The Microsft AD
service is LDAP-compatible.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/ldapcomp.mspx

Ross